We were recently able to help migrate Idaho’s most popular travel and tourism website to a new design without any loss of search engine authority/popularity. Which, just happened to be our client’s primary concern.
- Preserving the authority for almost eight thousand landing pages with a considerably smaller website (7,706 pages to 830 pages).
- Developing an effective strategy to coincide with the website’s fixed migration launch date.
The primary objective of the project was to simply minimize organic search engine authority/popularity loss, given the short time frame and the migration of thousands of landing pages.
Not long ago, we helped AgriBeef migrate Snake River Farms to a new website with resounding results. However, we had more time ahead of the launch date and a much smaller website to deal with.
Despite the challenges, the end result for VisitIdaho.org was much like that of AgriBeef. Not only were we able to successfully preserve authority/popularity, we increased it. And, fixed a number of long standing issues during the process.
Google Analytics – Website Visitors from Search Engines Before and After
Google Search Console – Eliminated Long Standing Crawling Errors
Google Search Console – Eliminated New and Old Indexation Errors
Additional SEO Wins
- Before launch, there were 672 redirection scripts in place. After launch, we helped bring that number down to 277.
- We completely eliminated 31 server errors.
- We also tested and optimized mobile friendliness, robots.txt, sitemap.xml, SSL/HTTPS and structured data.
Please contact us to learn more about domain and website migration services we offer.